Star Fleet Battles Online (SFBOL) is developed in cooperation with Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc. to be a Star Fleet Battles game service.
Subscribers are able to play SFB games over the internet with other subscribers around the world.
SFBOL is designed to allow subscribers to compete in an environment that emulates face to face play.
The difference is the computer interface which augments or automates many of the mundane tasks of game play such as energy allocation, moving counters across the map, dice rolling and damage allocation.
Subscribers may play as many games as they like during their subscription period.
Throughout the year Franz Games will host exclusive online Rated Ace Tournaments and subscribers can also compete year round via an online ranking system.
Star Fleet Battles Online will provide all required Star Fleet Battles software and server connectivity for the basic subscription price.
SFBOL is not an internet service provider (ISP).
To use it you will need to have an account with an ISP or some other means to access the internet.
While Star Fleet Battles Online is a unique tool for playing Star Fleet Battles tournament games over the internet, it is not a stand alone product.
With limited exceptions it does not prevent you from doing things that are against the rules of SFB and you cannot play SFBOL without knowing the SFB rules yourself.
If you are not familiar with SFB or need to purchase the rules please visit the Star Fleet Games Universe Website for more details.
Federation Commander Online (FCOL) is an additional service available from SFB Online. If you buy a FC Online subscription, you will be able to play and watch Federation Commander
games. Also, you will be able to also watch and play SFB games. (Note: You will be limited to the ships you are allowed fly until you upgrade your account to include SFB Online)
Star Fleet Battles Online's system requirements are:
- A computer with an running either Windows® 95, 98, ME, 2000, NT, XP or Vista or Macintosh running MacOS OS X. (Other platforms are supported that have a Java Runtime Environment supporting v5.0 or greater)
- 20 megabytes or more of hard disk space
- an internet connection capable of communicating at 28.8 kilobits per second or faster
- a video subsystem capable of displaying a screen resolution of 800 x 600 or higher
- a CD-ROM drive is required for CD installation, but the software is available by following the Download link at the left
|Grab the TalkShow Live Podcast|
Star Fleet Battles Online is owned by Franz Games, LLC.
Windows is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation